Sunday, March 22, 2009

Macaroni and Cheese

I've never even tried making this before or even thought about it and last night I just got the idea in my head that I wanted MAC AND CHEESE!!! one bad thing is I forgot to take a photo before we gobbled it up for dinner, but there's none left so you can be guaranteed it was goooood!!!
Anyway, I figured all we need is a nice cheese sauce and seeing as I couldn't find any macaroni pasta, I just used pasta shells. It worked out pretty much the same, Simon said it tasted like mac and cheese so I'm happy!!! I used cheddar for this but I'd say it would be tasty with what ever type you prefer

3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour, sieved
2 Cups of bread crumbs
2 Cups of Milk
2 Cups Cheese - 
Salt, pepper, Garlic salt, Sage, Parsley
400g Pasta, preferably macaroni, but pasta will do :)


  • Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
  • Boil the pasta in hot water
  • Melt the butter and add in the sieved flour, stir with a wooden spoon, stir until all lumps have been removed,
  • Pour in the 2 cups of milk and allow to thicken over a medium heat.
  • Add in some bread crumbs, herbs and the cheese, allow to melt
  • Drain the pasta and add in the cheese sauce
  • Add the whole mixture to an oven dise cover with some pepper and more breadcrumbs and bake in the oven at 18 degrees for 30 minutes
  • Perfect for a hungry tummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment