Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Banana and Greek Yogurt Sweet Bread

Ever since I can remember my mum has been making banana bread for us, we would always gobble up a few slices of it after school and the smell of it still drives my taste buds a bit loopy!! I'm home in lovely Sligo for a couple of days and last night myself and mum put our thinking caps on and after several ideas I decided this recipe was my favourite, I basically just looked at what we had in teh fridge and out a few things together. I've used a basic Madeira cake recipe for guaranteed sweetness.



100g Castor Sugar
150g Self Raising Flour
2 eggs
100g margarine
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 dessert spoons of Greek yogurt
handful of sliced almonds


preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius(fan assisted) and grease a cake tin

cream the margarine and sugar until smooth

add in the egg a little at a time, stir after each addition to avoid curdling, add a little flour if curdling happens

sieve in flour and baking powder

mix it all together until smooth, no lumps!

squash the 2 bananas with a fork and add into the mixing bowl, add 2 dessert spoons of grrek yogurt and some sliced almonds

mix it all up together and add to the greased cake tin

place in centre of the oven at 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes

avoid opening the oven as it will prevent the cake from rising

put the kettle on and enjoy!!

1 comment: