Monday, March 9, 2009

Ginger and Lemon Prawn salad

I love this recipe because it's so easy and takes no time to make, it's great in the evenings after yoga as it is so light yet so full of flavour. Your taste buds won't stop tingling!! I used to refuse eating prawns until my sister, Denise convinced me that I had to try them.



100g Prawns
1/4 head of Iceberg/Cos lettuce
2 scallions
Cucumber
Cracked Black Pepper
Half a carrot, grated
Juice of half a lemon
Ginger(peeled and diced)
1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil

Add the oil to a frying pan and heat.

Add in the prawns, ginger, cracked black pepper and lemon juice, make sure there is a lot of juice.

Simmer this mixture until the prawns have absorbed all of the juices.

Chop up some lettuce, cucumber, scallions, grated carrot and add into a salad bowl

When the prawns are ready, add them to the salad and mix up together.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment